Patricia Phillips-Batoma holds a PhD in French literature from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She is also a French to English translator who works in the areas of medical, technical, literary, and social sciences translation. Her research interests include translation pedagogy, translation theory, and translation quality assessment. In addition to developing courses for the professional track, she teaches courses in literary translation, translation theory, and writing for translators.
Translation theory, social sciences translation, literary translation, technical translation, medical translation, legal translation, machine translation, computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools
- Translation for the Professions
- Technical and Commercial Translation
- Literary Translation
- Writing for Translators
- Translation Methods and Ethics
- Corm, Georges. Arab Political Thought Past and Present. . Trans. Patricia M. Phillips-Batoma and Atoma T. Batoma. London: Hurst, 2020.
- Phillips-Batoma, Patricia M., and Florence X. Zhang. Translation as Innovation: Bridging the Sciences and Humanities/Traduction et innovation: une passerelle entre les sciences et les humanités. Proceedings of the Second International Translation Conference. . Champaign: Dalkey Archive Press, 2016.